Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 2, 2014

Hi. 
 
I can see Memphis having the worst eating scores. We do eat pretty well out here. We stay pretty healthy though. 
 
We pretty much contact however we feel here. We walk streets, parks, knock doors, etc. Just whatever we feel we should do. I want to try a new approach though when I first contact people. I want to try and walk up to them and say "Hi, we're representatives of Jesus Christ, and we baptize dead people." I feel like it could work out and start a nice conversation. :-)

We went to a baptism on Saturday though! It wasn't ours. It was for a couple that I taught in my first area. They wanted me to come and be there for it, because I was the first missionary that taught them. So that was cool. The following is a picture from that baptism. The couple that was baptized is on the left, I'm in the middle, and the couples parents and brother are on the right.
 

We had another cool experience this week too. Friday we had a feeling we should stop by and see a guy whose wife is a member in our ward. He let us in and we talked with him for awhile. We didn't think anything of it at the time, but in testimony meeting on Sunday his wife got up. She said that he was actually feeling very sad and alone that day when we stopped by and that he was really happy that we stopped and talked with him. He said that after we left he was much happier and that he realized he needed to make some changes, even though we didn't really teach him anything. It was a cool experience that helped us to know that we are following the spirit when we do our best, and that the spirit works on people, even if they can't tell it for themselves.
That's all for this week.

Love, Other Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment