Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Hi Family,

We did watch conference. All 10 hours. My favorite talk was probably the one President Monson gave in priesthood about having courage. Will you send me a CD of conference so I can listen to them in the car and stuff? Thanks. All the warnings about whirlwinds and stuff were funny, because we were having a lightning storm during conference over here. How ironic. I really like that thought of being on solid ground though. It's something I have been thinking about a lot lately. I was starting the Book of Mormon again and I read 1 Nephi 1:6. I was wondering why Nephi thought it was important to mention that the pillar of fire that Lehi saw was on a rock before him. Why not just assume it was by him, or on the ground, or in the grass. The best answer to that question I could come up with was that revelation comes to the steadfast and immovable. We must be strong in our faith like a rock, and build our foundation on Christ.(Helaman 5:12) We must pray in faith, with nothing wavering. (James 1:6) Revelation and help from our father in heaven doesn't come unless we can give him a good base to lay it on. Love you all.
Love, Other Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment