Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 3, 2014

Hi Family,

I have transfers next week.

We had a pretty boring week. Elder White got sick, so we were in for most of it. I decided to start reading the Book of Mormon in 30 days. So far I am on Mosiah 5.

Oh yeah I forgot one thing that happened on Friday.

So remember how I told you about how Elder L. Tom Perry came to the MTC and I got to hear him speak live? Well I got to again on Friday night! He came down here for a regional stake conference and it was in the building right next to the one that I normally attend, so we were invited to go hear it live! He has such an incredible spirit about him. It was Elder Perry and 5 other General Authorities of the church, including the President of the quorum of the seventy, and a bunch of the seventies. It was insane! He is really funny too. He spoke about missionary work and how we all need to increase our efforts. Both missionaries and especially members. The work is hastening right now. By a lot. He says that this time right now is just as significant in the history of the church as the restoration of the priesthood was. I am so blessed to be a part of this great time when the work has been hastened. This is an event that was foretold in the Doctrine and Covenants (88:73), and now it has come to pass. It's incredible.
Love, Other Elder Udy.

No comments:

Post a Comment