Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2013

They celebrate New Years weird here. At midnight, instead of party poppers and cider, a ton of people take guns outside and fire randomly into the air. It was pretty exciting, and deadly. We all were inside during it though. 
 
We do give church tours to our investigators. Our exchanges are with the people in our district (My companion is the district leader) and with the zone leaders. 
 
It is pretty cold here. It was about 18 degrees coming to the library this morning. My coat is enough though I did buy some gloves and a hat at Walmart today. 
 
We don't have facebook or anything like that set up yet and we haven't been told to. We are getting iPads on the 16th of this month most likely. If not we will probably have them next month. We still just use paper for now.
 
I forgot to tell you last week though. I did my first baptism on the 28th of December. I actually never taught the girl, but my companion had to do the interview for her. After that she chose who she wanted to baptize her. She said she wanted me to even though I just met her that night. Not the elders who taught her. It was weird, but kind of cool. So yeah. I also have 2 more baptisms coming up on Saturday.
 
Love, Other Elder Udy

No comments:

Post a Comment